If you would like your AR/VR-related event to be added to the Event Calendar, please fill out this form.
2020 NCM OPEN CALL V Reality
July 1 - August 31
The 5th virtual reality content contest at Nexon Computer Museum <NCM OPEN CALL V Reality>
We are celebrating our 5th year.
<NCM OPEN CALL> is a virtual and augmented reality content contest hosted by Nexon Computer Museum to support young artists’ challenging creative activities. It started in 2016 and has reached the fifth time this year, and it has become the first and most consistently operated virtual reality contest in Korea.
‘V REALITY’ includes various meanings
‘V’ means virtual, number 5 etc. and at the same time, it reminds us an inverted penrose triangle. The Penrose triangle is a virtual image that exists only in two dimensions, and it means the overlap of virtual and reality that is continuously connected and mixed. It encompasses all sorts of innovative and challenging interpretations of the new media called virtual reality, extending the boundaries of reality and crossing the realm of imagination into reality.
<NCM OPEN CALL X Reality> is an open contest
There are no special qualifications or restrictions, as it has been the case in the past four years. Any content that deals with VR, AR, and MR can apply to anyone regardless of nationality, age, gender, or history, without limitation of platform, genre, or subject. Priority is given to ideas and planning that can expand the boundaries of thinking and emotion rather than sophisticated technology. So, the previous open call has been filled with fresh attempts that are not only familiar with VR such as movies and games, but also modern dances and plays.
The team that won the Grand Award will receive a prize of 10 million won and various benefits
The total award amount is 17 million won, 4 million won up from last year. The grand award for the most amazing and innovative virtual world will be awarded with a prize of 10 million won and 5 million won and 1 million won will be awarded to the each 1st and 2nd prize teams. For teams that continue to develop after the contest, it is also possible to assist in commercialization through a separate artist-sponsored program or through our various channels. The application period is from July 1 to August 31 of this year.
Contest Title: 2020 NCM OPEN CALL V Reality
Organizer: Nexon Computer Museum
02 Applicant Qualifications
Any person or group that creates XR contents, such as VR, AR or MR
03 Field and theme
No limitation on platform, genre or theme
(Every field such as game, video, media art which contain VR, AR, MR contents)
04 Submission Requirements
E-mail application (email@example.com)
① Application form including applicant(individual/group) introduction, project proposal, development period and future plan
② Demo video file
③ Playable build file (Not necessary for video contents without interaction)
* Entry is limited to the work published during 2019-2020 year
* URL for application form and submission email will be announced
05 Prize & Award
Total 17 million KRW
– Grand Award (1) : 10 million KRW
– Best Award (1) : 5 million KRW
– Excellence Award (2) : 1 million KRW
* Award details can be adjusted when no qualified entry is decided
06 Judging Standard
Quality of work and level of completion will be evaluated by overall planning, design and technical development.
* Detailed standard of judge will be announced when application period begins
07 Period of Application
1st July (Wed), 2020 – 31st August (Mon), 2020
08 Winner Announcement
30th October (Fri), 2020
* Award ceremony schedule would be further noticed via website
09 Terms and Conditions
– All Documents or items will not be returned when once submitted.
– The copyright of the entry and all rights and responsibilities thereof shall be borne by the applicant (creator).
– In such case of:
1) Infringement of intellectual property rights of others by plagiarism or duplication
2) False information written in documents such as an application form
3) Submitted work concerned as defaming others
4) Possibility of breaching the law, the work can be excluded from the screening or the winner and the prize can be revoked even after winning the award.
– Awarded projects can be used as promotional materials and posted on the organizer’s website without additional consent procedures.
– The organizer has the obligation to observe the confidentiality and security measures of the entry, and it is possible to disclose and share the entry only with the consent of the applicant.
-The music used in video production must be a sound source that is not in violation of copyright, and may be excluded from the awards when copyright infringement is concerned.
– The prize money will be paid to the representative applicant in a lump sum, and the recipients of prizes are solely responsible for paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prizes.
– Above terms and conditions can be adjusted depending on the circumstances.